So it’s flu week at my work. I’m a teacher, and there’s only so much I can do to avoid other people’s germs. Short of washing my hands, popping vitamin C and generally trying to avoid being coughed on, I’ve been trying to eat healthy stuff.
This soup is super easy to make, and has both tons of vitamin C and garlic. Pureed carrots won’t need any type of cream to make them smooth.
1 pound carrots
3 cups vegetable broth or stock
5-6 cloves garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. Peel and dice the onion.
2. Peel and mince the garlic.
3. Trim, peel and dice the carrots into small pieces.
4. Once the prep work is done, heat the olive oil in a pot. Saute the onions and garlic.
5. When the onions are translucent, add the carrots and vegetable broth. Bring to a boil.
6. Simmer for about 10 or 15 minutes, or until the carrots are tender. If you overcook the carrots, they’ll lose that bright orange color.
7. Once the carrots are tender, remove the soup from the heat. Let it cool slightly, then pour into a blender and hit the “puree” setting.
Leave a Reply