Also: I am debuting my brand-new header for this blog, designed by the very talented Heather Miller.
Now, here for the Sunshine’s ten questions:
1. What is a favorite quote of yours? “If they give you ruled paper, write the other way.” Ray Bradbury. Not exactly about cooking— but I think it still applies. Whether in life or cooking, don’t be typical.
2. What are you on Facebook and Twitter? Not on Twitter yet, but find me on Facebook here.
3. What is your favorite time of day? Dusk, evening, and late at night until the sun comes up. Very much a night owl.
4. What is your favorite holiday? Halloween’s my favorite holiday— I love costumes and dressing up, candy, and carving pumpkins.
5. What is your favorite non-alcoholic beverage? Mint tea over ice on a hot summer day.
6. What is your passion in life? To learn as much from my students as I teach them. I’m an English teacher to non-native English speakers,, and I’m passionate about writing, finding your voice and sharing your stories with others.
7. Name a vacation location that you have been to that would be a great recommendation for others? The Asian side of Istanbul. Just as much fun, but fewer tourists.
8. Do you have a unique way of eating a food that isn’t common? I love eating tofu and water chestnuts right out of the package. It’s a taste I developed in Hawai’i, and I can’t seem to shake it. Also: ripe papayas with a spoon.
9. How did your blog come about? I wanted a go-to resources for other vegans and vegetarians in the Detroit area! The Midwest likes to pretend that everyone eats meat, but there are some great veggie restaurants, farmer’s markets and gluten-free bakeries here.
10. What is one thing that you want to learn about to improve your blog and would welcome suggestions? Tips for vegan, gluten-free baking! Since I’ve shed wheat, this is one area where I’m really stumped.
And now, here are my ten: (These are in no particular order.)
5. I Eat Food
10. Gluten Free Gus